Just because blue cheese pairs well with your chicken wings doesn’t mean you should smoke a blue cheese strain before you start drafting. The last thing you want to do is smoke a strain that is going to leave you glued to the couch, desperately trying to stay awake – especially if you’re attending a draft party! Nothing like waking up from a quick power nap to find out you have auto-drafted 3 kickers.
There isn’t a strain that I can suggest that will bestow upon you the ability to ascend into fantasy sports glory; however, there are a few strains that will be more helpful than others. At the end of the day, your fantasy draft is supposed to be fun, but you also want to make sure you draft well enough so the rest of the season is fun too. So here are some strains that will have you feeling good as well as focused on fantasy domination.
- Super Silver Haze: Trying to win a championship? Why not pick up a strain that took home three consecutive High Times Magazine Cannabis Cups. Smells like sweet citrus and earth, and you can usually pick up some spice on the taste.
- Dutch Treat: A classic in the cannabis community. Dutch Treat calms the mind and uplifts the spirit. Designed to be a functional strain, Dutch Treat is great for when you need to relax AND get stuff done. Smells like sweet pine, herbs and eucalyptus.
- Jack Herer: Named after the “Hemperor” himself, Jack Herer offers the user loads of euphoria as well as the ability to concentrate. Another strain that was created for the user looking to keep their faculties, Jack Herer is super potent and extra sticky. Smells like earth and pine.
- Tangie: One of my all-time favorite strains. Tangie is a terp-forward strain that gives you an uplifting feeling without going overboard on the THC. It smells of sweet orange and citrus. Delicious!
- Space Queen: Happy, creative and just a little bit stony. Are you ultra-confident in your ability to draft a super team and don’t mind getting a little silly? Space Queen is for you. Smells like a fresh apple pie.
- AK-47: Super potent and complex, AK-47 is a gem in the world of cannabis. Known for being great for creative endeavors and happy thoughts, AK-47 also gives the consumer a little bit of everything when it comes to smell and taste – dank yet sweet.
- Cinex: Another functional strain, Cinex gives you the focus and energy you need to dominate your fantasy draft, and, if you don’t do so hot, it gives you the euphoria to make it all feel okay. Smells like a skunk sprayed a pile of sweet berries.
- Harlequin: Whether I’m smoking them straight or mixing them in with something else, CBD strains are my go-to for fantasy drafting. CBD mellows out the psychoactivity and increases the relaxation and longevity of the high – exactly what I’m looking for when drafting! Harlequin leaves you feeling bright and smells of earth, flowers and lemons.
So when you are looking to pick up a few products for your fantasy draft, be sure to talk to one of our knowledgeable budtenders about finding a strain that is right for you!